Sunday, April 4, 2010

This week in religion: primitive thinking.

There are limitless possibilities for us as a civilization, and as a planet - as long as we take the steps to come close to those possibilities before our star (the Sun, for those that didn't know that's what it is) explodes and engulfs us. Maybe that's the 'fire and brimstone' era of the future that is preached upon us... ha.

Science isn't mumbo jumbo, people.  We are on a tiny planet, in a tiny solar system, in a tiny galaxy surrounded by trillions of other solar systems.  NASA has only begun to break the ice on discovering exoplanets.  We're still the only planet with life though, right?  We were created by one man, in seven days, and there is no other type of life elsewhere in our never-ending universe.  If you believe this, you are more primitive than the microscopic bacteria that likely started growth on Earth billions of years ago. 

I don't know, but I know there is life out there.  Only sheer logic, probability, and science prove this to me.

I have one other thing for you to consider:  have you heard about the ancient hieroglyphics that have been uncovered depicting 'men' in headgear that are clearly similar to oxygen masks, and aircraft that resemble helicopters and UFOs reportedly spotted all over the world?  I'm not going to say I think we were brought here by aliens and meant to populate this planet, but I definitely feel it is more logical that the aforementioned possibility.  Aliens may not be 'aliens' at all... they could walk, talk, eat, breathe, have sex, and live the same ways we do. 

I leave you with this witty, but brutal phrase I read on Digg:
Science flies you to the moon.  Religion flies you into buildings.

.you are a plague.

0 comments:

Post a Comment